If you can help with any of these jobs, please call the Soule Homestead!
- Evening animal feeding
- Cleaning stalls
- Collating newsletter
- Posting fliers around the community
- Delivering newsletters and brochures to area motels, libraries, council on aging, campgrounds, etc.
- Keeping wheelbarrows and other tools maintained (as needed)
- Sweeping the barn, cleaning the classroom, raking
- Garden maintenance (as needed)
- Fence maintenance (as needed)
- Preparation of program materials
- Making crafts to sell at events
- Helping with children’s programs
- Helping with Summer Concert Series
- Helping with special events
- Teaching a workshop
- Committee members needed for Volunteer, Fundraising, Farm Operations, Special Events, and Harvest Fair Committees. Training will be provided if needed.
Volunteer work days have become a tradition here at the farm. We held the first one in July 1992 and about 30 people came to help paint and plaster walls, build a porch, clean the attic and barn, trim overgrown shrubs, etc. We periodically announce specific volunteer work days during which you can participate.
Junior Volunteers Are Welcome Too!
If you are between the age of 10 and 15, come grow with us and experience the joys of working on a farm. As a Junior Volunteer, you can:
- LEARN HOW TO CARE FOR THE FARM ANIMALS
- PREPARE AND DECORATE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS
- PROVIDE ASSISTANCE IN OUR GARDENS, FIELDS AND WETLANDS
- HELP MAINTAIN OUR WALKING TRAILS
- ENGAGE IN PREP WORK FOR CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS
- BUILD YOUR COLLEGE RESUME OF VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- BRING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND HAVE FUN!!!
If your time is limited, but you still would like to help, you can also make donations for our Wish List or monetary donations to the Soule Homestead. Please contact us for details.
For more information email at email@example.com.